Commenting is what makes our blogs come alive. It allows us to connect globally and locally with an authentic audience. It improves our reading, writing, math, and technology skills.
Please be sure to leave a comment if you visit our blog! The students love to receive and reply to comments.
- Click on the heading of the post on which you wish to leave a comment
- Scroll down until you can see the “Leave a Comment” section
- You will be asked for your name (If you are a student use only your first name and initial of you last name. If you are a family member use Sally’s Dad, Mark’s Mom, Jose’s Aunt, etc. If you are any other adult use your first name and initial of your last name)
- Next you will be asked for an email address (use firstname@ example.com ===> email@example.com)
- On some blogs, you will also need to write the “spam word.”
- Click “submit comment”
- On our class blog and many other blogs, your comment WILL NOT appear right away. The blogger-host must moderate (approve) first. If your comment is okay it will soon appear on the site!
How to write a good quality comment…
Write your comment like a letter starting off with “Dear Trevon” or “Dear Mrs. Wilson.”
Compliment the writer in a specific way, ask a question, and/or add new information to the post.
Write your comment about the post.
Write in complete sentences. Do not use ‘text talk’. Remember the whole world will be able to see your posts and comments.
Preview your comment and check for correct spelling, grammar and punctuation before you submit it.
Don’t reveal any personal information about yourself in your comment, including your last name, your address, phone number, or email address.
Here is a video from Mrs. Yollis’ class blog. It explains how to make quality comments.
A HUGE thanks to Gabrielle Lavars at http://gabriellelavars.global2.vic.edu.au/how-to-comment/#.V3paRja4mu4 Her comment instructions were a great help in preparing mine!